Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectRE: What I think he's saying, albeit poorly, is
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=72627&mesg_id=72676
72676, RE: What I think he's saying, albeit poorly, is
Posted by Java on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I think you're making two false assumptions here.

1. Multikilling is a common enough problem that we need to take steps to address it.
2. Multikilling up to this set number of kills is less time-consuming than reaching the equivelent level of exploration experience.

The issue in the past (which I'm not sure was as much of a problem as some people seem to think) is that hitting those PK metrics was a yes/no proposition. Either you hit that threshold and got the edgepoints, or you didn't and you were short of edge points. So some people who wanted to maximize edge points would hit these exploration goals and ALSO multikill people.

With this recommendation, they have a choice: either kill a bunch of people, or explore a few spots. I think most people who are interested in the most payoff for the time will choose the latter. It's easy to take a quick walk through Organia, for example. It takes a lot more time to chase someone down, kill them, wait for them to unghost, chase them down again, kill them again.. 25 times. So even if they were willing to multikill, it just isn't worth their time to do so.

Also.. this is still a PK-focused game. More PK is a good thing. Incentivizing PK isn't bad. There are far better ways to de-incentivize multikilling (make it 25 unique PKs instead of total PKs, or use something similar to AP charge system), and still reward people for doing it.