Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectEdge Point Suggestion
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=72627&mesg_id=72627
72627, Edge Point Suggestion
Posted by TJHuron on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Offer EPs for PK that are mutually exclusive with the Explore EPs. I know the staff has little patience for discussing PK EPs but hear me out.

There are 4 tiers for Explore. Put in 4 tiers for PK EPs and each PK tier can only be earned if the corresponding Explore tier hasn't been reached already, and the EP values are the same.

Right now there are explore EPs available at 5K, 10K, 15K and 30K with level restrictions. You could have also EPs available for PK at 10PK, 25PK, 50PK and 100PK with level restrictions. And, you could only get either the 10PK tier or the 5k explore tier, and so on.

This wouldn't change the overall amount of EPs available to a character. It would just create an alternate avenue to obtaining EPs to accommodate PK orientated characters.

I've got a new character going and I'm just having a hard time getting motivated to go explore the same old areas for whatever high number time it would be for me. Some people would prefer to PK instead of explore. This would accommodate that but also prevent the system from being gamed or abused.

Thoughts?