Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectRE: Your opinion is perfectly valid..
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=72523&mesg_id=72620
72620, RE: Your opinion is perfectly valid..
Posted by Noirra on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
"But then, and the fact that you admitted you wanted people to "say goodbye in person" is proof that you don't actually want the forum persona and game to be separate anyways. Joe Magistrate should have no idea that Noirra is only around for a couple more days, unless Noirra told him in-game. Doing so would be breaking role, and doing the exact thing that you were saying should be avoided literally one sentence earlier."

I guess that's your opinion...

However, I prefer to have an in game good bye if I can get the chance. Had one with jormyr, one of my previous pallies god at the time and it was a blast BSing in N out of char about playing cf 15+ years ago. It actually motivated me to keep playing vs stopping...

When you spend 350+ hours playing a character you will make friends in game who will miss you if you just up and vanish... Or maybe you only make characters with persona's that are epic douches and nobody likes you I dunno. 200+ 300+ 400+ hour romping around thera with someone and you just vanish on them?? I'd rather they know I had fun playing with them, will miss them and I WANT THEM TO KNOW THAT! Didn't get to chat with Panmorne, Ishuli and one other all they got were notes, but oh well...

Not everyone comes back to see or say good byes of the forums unfortunately.