Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectRE: State o' CF. An Open Discussion Request from Shamanman
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=72523&mesg_id=72529
72529, RE: State o' CF. An Open Discussion Request from Shamanman
Posted by Thaedan on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
General comment: much of what you want to see is dependent on staff presence, and, like the player base, staff with the ability to hand out rewards, police crappy role-play, etc. are in shorter supply than they once were. It's not that staff have deprioritized these things; there just aren't as many staff as there used to be.

>I think the current state of CF could be drastically
>improved.

I might disagree with "drastically", but I'm with you that things could be improved.

>Firstly, there's the cabal situation. I'm not satisfied with
>the staff's answer of "Well we're at where were at. Nothings
>changing. But we're talking." What does that mean? Especially
>when Scarab and Entropy are two cluster####s of cabals.

If you don't like Entropy & Scarab then just...don't play them? Or are you saying they make the game less enjoyable for you simply by existing, even if you're not playing one? For me, at least, I'm not sure "more cabal options" would really improve my experience.

>Final thing about cabals, it seems like we've made cabals more
>difficult in general. Now its three mage kills before you can
>become a berserker. Or 100 hours at least before you get
>Maran. Let's not put such standardization into a freeflowing
>game. If you're a hotshot badass squire who's kicking ass and
>taking names...Maran your ass at 50 hours.

Is there a hard 100 hour requirement for Maran? Honest question; I don't set rules like that, so it's a Korsgaard thing. If I had to guess, I'd wager that the hour requirement is somewhat negotiable if you 1. have a ton of EPKs and 2. rank up to level 40. But I can't speak for Kors.

>Secondly, I feel as if there are a few glaring imbalances in
>the game. I've been on my soapbox for a while about this, and
>I understand that there are steps you can take to mitigate the
>effectiveness, but someone has got to take a serious look at
>champions, and in particular storm champions.

I'm all for nerfing things that need to be nerfed. I haven't faced enough champions to say definitively they should be nerfed, but enough people are convinced they do that it's probably worth looking into.

>Furthermore, the ranking disparity between good and evil.

Ranking as a good is easier, but I'm not sure evils have it so bad. Certainly doesn't seem to throw people off playing evils.