Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectIt should be much more often
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=72468&mesg_id=72489
72489, It should be much more often
Posted by Artificial on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
This is literally what sets us apart from visual games. We can have a more dynamic world. Gods can have a real impact on every single character. Today need not be the same as yesterday. Every character can be different from the last.

Maybe we don't need 4 legacies and thief liches. Maybe we dont need shapeshifters with a virtue. But when someone makes a character there should be an expectation of I wonder what cool thing will happen for this character that will make it completely different from the last one I made. Maybe I'll get a cool awesome weapon or a unique spell that fits my rp.

As it stands now you make a char expecting to get nothing with the tiny chance of getting an okay reward if you win a writing contest. That doesnt create a compelling reason to roll something.

If I knew that if I worked hard and was an interesting character that its almost guaranteed I get something cool, even if its not powerful (azatodeths cloud, flesh hollows), I'd feel much more compelled to roll that next char. Wonder what I'll get this time.

Right now the only reward you can reasonably expect to get is if you follow a God, you can probably earn a tattoo with effort. This means all my chars are religious. That is a restriction. We should work to make the game as unrestricted on rolling as possible, to get people to, you know, roll again.

I'd also like to note that theres "special" and "so special its never even been given out." Like the whip that fire ap got. I assume theres other weapons but no ones ever seen them so what's the point of them being there. Use them! Give them out! Shake things up!

I have zero desire to roll up bard#500 because theres nothing special about it, and almost no possibility of there ever being anything special about it.

Yeah, you can rp however you want, but it's hard to rp a demon when you're literally a human. Now if you had permanent challegha form from demonspawn, that would really set you apart. Ya know?