Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectplayerbase/ranking
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=72448
72448, playerbase/ranking
Posted by lowbie mage on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
im a long timeold player returned for a try. some good changes. i just cant rank. im not even a combo that wouls be hard to find a group. the playerbase being so small. somethingsgotta be done to make this a little easier if anything to encourage playerbase growth. the game overall seems to be in good shape. it just needs people.
72451, I've not had problems ranking without groups.
Posted by rex spangler on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You must be in the wrong area. Grabbing a mercenary for the exp bonus should make ranking without a group fairly painless. You just have to find mobs that you can take down without much effort that give a few hundred experience each.
72449, RE: playerbase/ranking
Posted by incognito on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
It's not just the size of the playerbase. I'd happily group if it didn't mean I'd end up at high rank with skills that just aren't developed enough, and are hard to practice at high rank.

Put another way, when I'm trying to spam up skills, I already gain experience too fast. Grouping would make that worse.

What would be good is if you could toggle the group exp bonus into a learning bonus. Then I'd be grouping whenever asked.
72450, cosign
Posted by rex spangler on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
ranking is easy, skill grinding sucks
72470, I third this (n/t)
Posted by Onewingedangel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
nt
72453, Yup
Posted by Saagkri on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Things that discourage players from interacting with / traveling with others really make the game seem lonely even when there are plenty of people on.

Years ago when they made it so you could not pick Galadon as your hometown to spread everyone out, the game went from action-packed to feeling pretty vacant overnight. Even with the same number of players (~80 avg. at the time)
72466, You could just stop min/maxing....
Posted by Blkdrgn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
And play the character as a person who is developing themselves into a true fighter/mage and take it in stride with a few or more skills not being 100%.

Though, with the competitive nature of some/most, it's a null point because people play the game to win PK's, not to be a part of the world :P. I don't feel like a lvl 15 warrior should be perfect at all weapons and defenses, but a mature warrior at his prime should be near perfect.

My idea might make PK more fun, because when people start failing #### more often and don't just obliterate the range, it's like a live experience of D&D where that roll might win the fight, or it might lose it :P

Just my 2 cents, play your game how you like :D and enjoy me being a free pk to you hardcore min/maxers out there ;)
72467, RE: You could just stop min/maxing....
Posted by incognito on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Spam saves time in the long run if you plan to play your character into old age.

Also depending on your build, spam is more or less useful. I don't spam as a druid for example, except to get initiate of the deserts edge (or something). But I would spam as an ap that is trying not to throw away all the souls they've gathered.