Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectSquelch
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=71996
71996, Squelch
Posted by robdarken_ on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
While we're talking about Orcs. Probably not high on the list but it occurred to me to suggest changing squelch.

As it is, I would never use it because it's kind of character ruining if the target has spent a lot of time mastering adapts (think hack, takes forever). Resets all adapt skill percents to 33 or 1, don't remember which.

I think the idea behind this skill is to use it as leverage against smaller Orcies, but not make them either delete or be your worst IRL enemy until you con-die. If they challenge you and win without adapts they should probably have their old skill percentages.

I like the theme of it, the Orc chief can really #### you up if you piss him off, but maybe it's too extreme, I don't know. Not being able to get skill ups until you kill/appease chief might be enough of a screw over.
72001, RE: Squelch
Posted by incognito on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I'd like squelch to be relatively minor.

Or major but relatively short (50 game hours).

As it is, I'm put off from using it by the fact it would ruin a fellow player's day.
71999, By design
Posted by Kstatida on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
CF has a lot of features designed to ruin the character. Because character turnover is what keeps CF alive.

P.S. And then they start to reward long-lived high investment characters.