Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectRE: The replies are interesting
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=71939&mesg_id=71947
71947, RE: The replies are interesting
Posted by Ishuli on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I didn’t dismiss his feedback. I thought the massive reply was a hint at that. Should I have aimed for a 5 page response instead to be clear? Heehee.

As to the Halloween thread, that’s why we aimed to remedy it and start up a conversation again. How often has that happened recently? Compared to prior? How much more dialogue is not only being welcomed, but responded to? It’s not a dismissal for me to ask why the changing effort on our part isn’t recognized, when one could simply say “I didn’t like this ONE thing!” but instead talks about a trend and continuing problem, when the problem in question has actually diminished substantially to prior comparison. That’s my only issue with that. It’s not saying we’re perfect, it’s saying “The problem trend you’re stating doesn’t actually exist”. Sort of like how someone might feel like crime is rising, when statistically it’s on the down. Rahs’s post was great :).

As to your questions, I’m fine answering them.
The vast majority of imms do not know every one of your characters and do not have the ability to snoop from your prompt alone. Not all imms can snoop. The majority of imms can’t see who you have played, what you’re playing, etc. Me included. I have no idea who your characters are, in the least, and if you asked me how many characters I can guess the player of, I’d be right 1/1000 times. But I also don’t try to figure that out, it doesn’t interest me.

So as to the conspiracy idea, I didn’t do those echoes, but I can bet you that wasn’t the intent at all. I doubt the person knew you were on, what your past forms were, or meant to rub it in. BUT I don’t know who did the echo, or the intent behind it. Sometimes it’s as simple as an imm thinking they’re doing something funny/cute and it ends up not being received the way it was intended. Sometimes we just mess up. If you want a confessional, this one time early on I was trying to run a retrieval quest for someone. He happened to tell another character, who went and retrieved it on his own (which I kinda freaked out at since I didn’t plan for that at all, and now the object I was using for the other char was gone!). So I stole it from the player (bad move, me) which resulted in him being pretty justifiably pissed. I fully admit I messed up there, but it was a result of inexperience and bad planning. Stuff happens, we’re people to, but we try! So I hope you do too!

-Ish