Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectPriests and wisdom, specifically Shamans.
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=7156
7156, Priests and wisdom, specifically Shamans.
Posted by Eskelian on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Do priests get a benefit to their supplications based on wisdom? Its their prime stat but aside from practices and slightly better mana gains there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of reason to max out wisdom if there's no practices/level difference. Example would be humans, is there a good reason to keep wisdom at 23 instead of at 20?

Just curious, I know they play a part with paladins but wanted to know in regards to other communers like shamans, druids and healers.
7157, Wisdom...
Posted by nepenthe on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Probably doesn't play as much of a part with these classes as it could.

In some ways I want to redress this, but I think the low wis races generally have enough of a downside with these classes due to a smaller mana pool and slower mana regeneration that, for example, I couldn't say a giant healer is superior to an elf healer or a human healer. It plays differently, but I'd be hard pressed to call it better.
7158, Ah, I always thought that was due to low int usually going hand and hand with low wis.
Posted by Eskelian on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I know wisdom plays a part in mana but I always thought it was pretty small. It works out anyway because half-elves/gnomes get more practices which can be converted into higher hp. Thanks for the speedy response. Maybe reverse it for communers so that communers rely more on wisdom for mana than int, I don't know just tossin out ideas.

Gracias.
7167, Convert to Mana not HP.
Posted by Pro on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Well that's my thought anyway.
7211, Worst advice. Ever. n/t
Posted by Xenoroyal on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
n/t