Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectWrath tweak suggestion
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=71093&mesg_id=71093
71093, Wrath tweak suggestion
Posted by Calion on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I think the problem with old 1 rnd wrath was mostly in the midranks, where it did too much damage too fast. Changing it to 2 rnds seems to have been too harsh especially for shield dedicants, which look rather bland and unpopular now. So I'd propose the following tweaks, which I think would make the skill better balanced for both the paladin (more useful/tactical) and her enemies (less damage potential):

Wrath:

- 1 rnd lag when communed at L51 (i.e. we won't have any unempowered wrath monkeys running around, as they commune at -1 level)
- If/when the victim gets the cursed 'wrath' affect, they get less damage from any subsequent wraths as "already suffering from the wrath of a god", say maybe ~66...75% of normal at L51, and with a smaller reduction below L51 (so that 2 rnd wrath doesn't become useless after the 'wrath' affect)

Possible additional options:

1. Also require the skill to be at 100% for 1 rnd lag
2. Maybe tweak the overall (normal) wrath damage down slightly
3. Or even make it 1 rnd at any level (at 100%), but also always apply the 'already wrathed' damage reduction fully (I'd likely include point 2 above, if this was done)