Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectEh.
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=70931&mesg_id=71096
71096, Eh.
Posted by Eskelian on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Your lag options aren't great as a 2h ded and your maledictions are very low (like -2 dex). So assuming you did 4 of those and they didn't wear off and they stacked (they didn't used to but I haven't played in a very long time) and for some reason he hasn't left...then you do a lag maneuver and you have to hope he doesn't parry or shield block your attacks in the one round he can't flee for...that's not realistic. In practice when I killed someone it was because I striked them down to almost dead then used call lightning or chase + wrath to finish.

You're pretty much always better off letting them lag themselves and then doing strike burst and hoping/praying it kills them.

If you do manage to kill people as a 2h with the lag moves it'll be because of gear procs mid round if you're setup with stacked gear that does that.

The maledictions a 2h ded has are really weak as far as maledictions go and in general assassins will wreck you because of kot. You're never going to win a malediction war against an assassin as a 2h paladin...his moves are just more punishing than yours by several orders of magnitude.