Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectMushClient - sophisticated aliases, zero gameplay impacting triggers/scripts
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=70369&mesg_id=70394
70394, MushClient - sophisticated aliases, zero gameplay impacting triggers/scripts
Posted by Mcbeth on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I use a system of targetting aliases to define up to three targets and call targetted skills/spells against them. On my warriors, this includes a layered set of aliases to allow for better dashing (blows my mind that more do not use this). Something the_joker said on the qhcf forum about dash working less for people who use it immediately after a combat caught my attention, I sorta hope that was him just being a blowhard/making #### up because obviously any code like that would catch way more people who are not abusing triggers than it would catch trigger abusers.

Anecdotally I think I miss WAY more trips against near-dead people who have just fled from me. And the ones I hit are often not lagging 2 full rounds, and this includes against classes such as non-harmonious warriors or untranced assassins who shouldn't have any lag protection built in. I'm sure I notice those more than others, but gee it seems like I miss like 75% of trips where I either dash and catch the person one room away or move quickly and trip separately still one room away (when I'm on a warrior, thief or assassin).

However, I could also easily produce logs from the last few months that clearly show other times where trip is working perfectly for me in the situations outlined above. *shrug*;*cry*