Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectRE: Deleted again
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=70180&mesg_id=70273
70273, RE: Deleted again
Posted by Thaedan on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
>Had this just been a death with no xp loss... I'd have picked
>myself up, dusted myself off and charged forward. Instead, I
>was looking at least another 2 hours of doing crap damage just
>to get back to where I was.

Look at it this way: how long did it take you to get to where you were before you died? Probably more than 2 hours, right? That's called "sunk cost". Post-mob-death, you could delete, re-roll, and re-rank back up to the same point, but it's going to cost you more time than just ranking out of your existing XP hole. Especially since you may need to create a brand new description and role. That's why, to me, deleting doesn't make much sense.

Also, consider that with a decent group, at that rank, it should only take you around 20 minutes to get 6k XP.

Couple other things I'm be curious about:

1. How are you dying to that mob if it isn't lagging you and doesn't do burst damage? What was your wimpy set at? If not at 50%, consider keeping it at 50% at all times. Were you stacking a ton of "mend wounds" commands on top of each other and preventing yourself from manually fleeing?

2. You mentioned your melee attacks landing for "hit". Druids aren't great at melee, but that still seems extreme. Possible to wear more +DAM?

3. How often do you think one "should" mob die? Would you delete over a mob death at level 15? 20? 30? 40? Just curious what your threshold is. Do you expect to hero without ever mob dying?