Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectRE: I can see why
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=70180&mesg_id=70198
70198, RE: I can see why
Posted by Dunsellot on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
>You ignore FAQs and try dumb things. Like I've never ever
>killed a lumberjack in 3 years of playing CF. That's
>pointless. Dying to Tarus as a thief shows you don't
>understand basics of combat mechanics (not to mention you
>don't need damroll on lv 7 so who cares about Tarus?).
>
>And the necro thing - that's not about game, it's about you
>only. So the reasons for your deletes is simple - you aim to
>be awesome, but you don't even try.

And I've been playing for well over 10 years and you obviously don't understand the NEED for inexperienced players to gear up with what they can get or die incessantly. The lumberjack I refer to holds an axe that's considerably better than the one the troll holds. One that's normally a lot less trouble to get, one that's a lot closer to noob starting points and doesn't require an excursion to Seantryn but with the same effect as a sword found there... a sword noobs won't know about anyway.

And if you don't think a player needs damroll at lvl 7 then you obviously have no clue what it's like to solo as a noob who's trying to quickly kill pve mobs that give decent xp before they get a dwarf boot in the face too many times. If what you suggest were true then I'd see everyone pre-lvl 20 running around in academy gear and that's FAR from the facts. Better gear = faster killing = faster levelling = better survival.

As for the necro, I didn't tell the entire story. I got stupid and had to log out. I had 3 pieces of gear from Udgaard guards that for whatever reason was limited and vanished. Along with the overpopulation of necros I didn't feel like going dumpster diving again for the scraps high levels leave behind.

In my my opinion, gear should be level based. Period. One of the premises of CF is that each new character you create should have no knowledge of anyone or anything in the game. The problem is, once you learn where good gear is often left lying on the ground, you simply can't forget it. I know this because I've done it myself in the past. I've spent hours running around pre lvl 15 gathering decent gear and then hunt down and slaughter any noob in my pvp range who's in crap gear. Many of you have become desensitized by high level damage messages. At high levels, you can probably survive an **OBLITERATE**. A noob who gets MANGLE'd is dead. That gives a HUGE advantage to players who aren't noobs. HUGE. Level based gear would at least give noobs a fighting chance in pvp. The way this game is now, you have the medieval equivalent of unskilled peasants running around in full plate.

And if you think anything I say is BS, here's a challenge for you. Roll up a gnome thief. Solo your way to lvl 30 with ONLY gear YOU PERSONALLY get from mobs YOU KILL then tell me how long it takes and how many times you got your ass kicked. Why solo? Because one of the FIRST things noobs learn in this game is to trust only themselves. I cannot count the number of times I was invited to join someone for a group and got my ass handed to me in a hat the moment I got there.

No, I don't AIM to be anything other than adequate. I don't expect to be some PVP god who never dies. But I don't expect to be a punching bag who exists only to massage egos with an easy kill.