Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectRevisiting Changes
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=70178
70178, Revisiting Changes
Posted by Often Warrior on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Lots of times changes are made with the post that they'll be monitored and then revisited. I bet there are a lot of things people might want to comment on. I have one in particular. Berserk.

The change to berserk that doesn't let you berserk out of combat is fine. But I think the change that you can't sleep with berserk should be reversed. It's very frustrating and reduces the use of the skill more than necessary. You have to be in battle to use it. And you can't sleep after battle too quickly anyway. Having this be that much extra time is too harsh.

Please consider changing it so you can sleep while berserked.
70196, Duration problem
Posted by Matrik- on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I like the new berserk, but the duration increasing as you level doesn't make sense anymore. My recent warrior had to stop using it in battle because the skill became worse at a certain point.

One level - Berserk early after first few wounds, by the time blood boiling timer thing is over I can sleep.

Next level - Don't berserk at all because once the fight is done I'll have to wait an additional few hours to sleep.

EDIT: This is against mobs obviously. The berserk timer will always be a detriment in PK in either case because PK goes much faster. I like that it's got some downsides that way.
70237, Sleep is overrated.
Posted by Murphy on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I think, in Kanlax's 800 hours about the only times I went to sleep were when fighting an AP. Oh and that time when Ignolmeer wanted to send me a dream sequence. (He had to TELL me to go to sleep.)

Another character of mine, Kowelu, had Rushing Adrenaline flaw and I barely ever noticed it... because I almost never went to sleep after a fight.

Why would anyone want to make themselves immobile and blind by going to sleep when low on HP?
70240, Easy.
You heal faster while asleep. Your years of CFing must have been a bit of a challenge without that knowledge.

With my last warrior it was 2-4% while resting berserked or 20-23% while sleeping. That's a lot of time saved by a very short bit of being "immobile and blind." Oh and hey, the group mate you're tanking for has eyes. Imagine that. Someone on watch while you sleep.
70242, You heal faster but not that much faster.
And sacrificing my alertness for faster healing sounds like a terrible idea anyway. As is trusting someone else with your safety.

There are several ways to heal up quickly and they are all better than sleeping.
70246, Ok Boris.
You're acting exactly like him.

Also, you're wrong, it is absolutely that much faster when you have whispers.

Do what you like though. Spend twice the time regenerating as everyone else if you want. It's a game of choice after all.
70247, How about allowing Whispers warriors to nap?
It was already a "meh" legacy but now that you can't afford bird edges, it's lost what little appeal it used to have.

And I don't spend twice the time regenerating. I make use of healers, Cry of Thunder and healing items. What part of "not making yourself vulnerable" do you not understand?
EDIT: And I use berserk. Because it heals, too.
70248, RE: How about allowing Whispers warriors to nap?

"I make use of healers, Cry of Thunder and healing items. What part of "not making yourself vulnerable" do you not understand?"

None of this negates the usefulness of increased regeneration while sleeping. Sometimes you have better options, sometimes you don't. Sometimes it's a risk to sleep, sometimes it's not.

That type of obtuse reasoning just to push some irrelevant point is exactly what Boris does to you and Frosty all the time.

Like his idiotic suggestion that no one should every kill lumberjacks ever because he doesn't.

Your idiotic suggestion that one should not sleep is exactly like that. For the same reasons.
70249, Where do I suggest that?
I'm only saying that sleep is not as vital for CF character as you're making it. It is valid to give examples from my own experience that show you can do fine without relying on sleep.

You are overreacting.

And give us back the real Matrik.
70250, Ok Boris.
70251, You're the Boris here.
The demagogue who calls people idiots for trying to have a constructive conversation.

When a skill doesn't work the way you want, have you ever tried finding an alternative instead of whining on the forums?
70254, So you make things up, attribute them to me and call them idiotic.
Posted by Kstatida on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
>Like his idiotic suggestion that no one should every kill
>lumberjacks ever because he doesn't.

I'd enjoy having a link quoting me doing that.
70257, Ok Boris.
http://forums.carrionfields.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=6&topic_id=70180&mesg_id=70190&page=

"Like I've never ever killed a lumberjack in 3 years of playing CF. That's pointless."

Maybe your point here is killing lumberjacks every fourth year has a point, but I doubt it.
70293, Don't doubt
Show me where I say that "Noone should because I don't?"

Let me guess, you can't, because it didn't happen.

What I said was "There isn't much sense in killing a lumberjack. A testament to that is me not killing them even once through many characters of which many were heroes". Nothing was said about "should" or "should not".

So you go join Frosty in a pile of "guys who make #### up and laugh about it".
70296, You're delusional.
Posted by ice king on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Seek help.

But hey if you REALLY want to argue and nit pick let's do it. You said "Like I've never ever killed a lumberjack in 3 years of playing CF. That's pointless." but NOW you're changing your mind and CLAIMING you said "There isn't much sense in killing a lumberjack. A testament to that is me not killing them even once through many characters of which many were heroes". You never said that. Stop "making #### up".

You keep talking about this "pile of guys" and I'm starting to think that's what you wanted for your birthday, and you're just REALLY sad you never got it. Or wait, are you intentionally "making #### up" because you WANT to join our pile of guys?

"Nothing was said about "should" or "should not"." My god you're a little bitch sometimes.
70306, I know it's tough to admit you're a tool making things up about others
And I don't expect you to.
70310, *yawn*
Posted by ice king on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
70358, Already did.
I showed you. I can't help it if you close your eyes, stick your fingers in your ears, and scream blah blah blah.
70367, Showing me a bunny and saying it's wolf doesn't work
No matter how many times you repeat it.
70488, RE: Showing me a bunny and saying it's wolf doesn't work
Posted by Swordsosaurus on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM

This is a wolf

This is a wolf

This is a wolf

This is a wolf

This is a wolf

This is a wolf

This is a wolf

This is a wolf

This is a wolf

This is a wolf

This is a wolf

This is a wolf

This is a wolf

This is a wolf

This is a wolf

This is a wolf

This is a wolf

This is a wolf

This is a wolf

This is a wolf

This is a wolf

This is a wolf

This is a wolf

This is a wolf

This is a wolf

This is a wolf

This is a wolf

This is a wolf

This is a wolf

This is a wolf

This is a wolf

This is a wolf

This is a wolf

This is a wolf

This is a wolf

This is a wolf

This is a wolf

This is a wolf

This is a wolf

This is a wolf
70258, RE: How about allowing Whispers warriors to nap?
Posted by Illanthos on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Whispers existed long before the bird edges, and was desirable then as well. It is a great legacy for exploration and cat/mouse games, but legacies which make for fast, overpowering wins are more popular in this day and age. It's why we see the same 5 legacies chosen by the majority of the playerbase.
70294, It's not
The reason for only few legacies being popular because they are all thoroughly tested and people tend to take only the most effective ones instead of situational and niche so that they don't need to ragedelete over being inferior because of poor edge choice (see Twist's edge ####up with his nightreaver).
70328, RE: It's not
Posted by Illanthos on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Perhaps the niche picks should be improved upon (and the overpicked ones should be taken down a peg).
70330, Yeah well that's what I said, paraphrased.
Someone said that berserk change has been unfavorable to warriors with Whispers. I suggested that, instead of reverting berserk changes, they could give Whispers warriors the ability to nap.
70189, My 2 cents worth of changes
Posted by Cointreau on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
1. With the changes to (broken) items I feel like axe specs were nerfed slightly in their ability to make an enemy run out of weapons. With the reduced player base cursed weapons seem to be everywhere too and quite frustrating to fight against.

I think it would be cool if you didn't drop a (broken) cursed weapon, but rather now held a low avg damage and poorly parrying cursed, (broken) weapon. It adds a bit of risk to using cursed weapons which are normally pure upside.

2. Big flurry giants are OP, perhaps thats just my opinion, i dont know if others would agree. Part of this strength is in the fact they can bash; flurry which often outlags wimpy (if I'm understanding wimpy correctly).

Make flurry have 1 round of wind up before firing and only 3 rounds of lag post. This gives people a better chance to flee or wimpy out and not get one rounded by a 80 damroll giant.

3. Make the entrance to Thar Acacia crawl_only. I hate misstepping into it.
70238, Why all the centaur hate?
Posted by SPN on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
They already can't use ladders, making alot of ranking area off limits sans fly.

Also, they can't crawl, so essentially you're blocking off another area from them.
70243, Whoa, someone thinks giants are OP.
Really.
And stop oppressing centaurs.
70252, I like your idea for weaponbreaker.
Posted by robdarken_ on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Flurry giant relies on reasonably good gear (I consider hitting demos through sanc 'good' on that build) and one of the most annoying skills to spam, but it used to be way worse when 15 int was actually 15 int.

It also relies on actually being able to bash them and doing enough damage more than them for it to matter. I don't know if people stopped playing primarily high dex warriors and assassins, but it was often the case that you'd just be waiting for the 1/12 fights where you riposte enough (since you're not hitting them) to justify typing it. Add startup lag to flurry and that might be all that's left worth doing.

Anyway, as long as deathblow gets to exist, I don't care if a predictable 4 round, mv draining skill does great damage.
70182, Oh and give fly back to healers!
Posted by NoobAgain on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
no text
70186, RE: Oh and give fly back to healers!
Posted by Often Warrior on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
That I don't agree with, I think that was a good change. They can get flight easily, and nobody should have literally every possible defense as part of their skill/spell/supp set.

Contrast that with berserk, warriors can't do anything to let them sleep when berserked, which they only could do in battle.
70187, Shouldn't be able to sleep while flying either. (n/t)
NT
70191, That's gold NT
NT
70245, As a warrior, you should never try to trip a healer
Posted by NoobAgain on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
no text
70179, Meh, I'd go a different route if we touched it more
Posted by Destuvius on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
and that would be to make it so warriors and orcs are imm_sleep due to berserking. That could be fun!
70209, This
Please overthrow Umiron.
70241, Would break more game than WElf thieves nt
Posted by Saagkri on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
nt
70255, Like I give a damn
It would make playing warrior/orc much more feasible against sleepspammers.