Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectWood-elf thieves
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=70086
70086, Wood-elf thieves
Posted by PotentialWET on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
There's a thief guild in Evermoon, but I couldn't roll a wood-elf thief. Please make this possible unless it would break CF. If so, then don't.

Thanks.
I know my rights!
70089, It would break CF unfortunately
Posted by Kstatida on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
because thief who sees everything in the wilds should not exist.
70090, Eh?
Posted by Saagkri on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I'm not sure anyone that can camo will be shaking in their boots when a thief comes for them in the wilderness.
70091, So what?
NT
70092, Ok, Kstatida...
You said they should not exist as if there was a reason they should not exist. Maybe I jumped the gun and assumed it was because you think they would somehow affect game balance. So, I'll ask...

Why shouldn't they exist?
70095, Because it's a character that sees everything
and can hide.
70096, Big deal.
Yes, you have articulated that they can see people. Yes, they can hide in civilized rooms. You have not given any reason why this is so powerful that the race/class combo somehow breaks CF. Aside from the fact that a race/thief combo could not possible be overpowered.
70114, Easy
If you don't understand why lich and ranger vindicator are the only combos in game that can see everything - you don't understand a thing about game balance.

See hidden and see camo should not overlap. Period.
70115, Four attempts, Kstatida
In four attempts, you cannot seem to articulate why a thief that can can see people camo in the same room where he cannot hide from them is a game breaker. Finally, after several attempts to elicit a reason and try to understand your point of view, you just say if I cannot plainly see why, I know nothing about game balance.

*At no point in your rambling, incoherent responses, were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone on this forum is now dumber for having read them. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.*
70116, It's the opposite
In I didn't count how many attempts you cannot grasp why a person with all detects is game-breaking. The answer is - because he sees all.
70134, So, owls are OP? nt
nt
70137, Fox is game-breaking?
Posted by Murphy on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
nt
70140, No, but only because you can't get it reliably
Just like lich.
70142, You are wrong.
Because you are wrong.
70141, It's not game-breaking.
If you cannot grasp why, it's not my problem.
70097, They would see a little more than other thieves, not everything.
Posted by lasentia on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Wood-elf acute vision is not the same as ranger acute vision as far as I know, unless it was changed. I recall none of my w-elf bards seeing camo/chameleon outside of people in the room with me.

That thief still will have no idea a ranger is in an area or even logged on until it is too late. Sure, they can't be ambushed, but can still be snared and bearcharged into the ground, same as any other thief.

Hell, they won't see assassins hidden in wilderness for the same reason.

W-elf thief actually makes a fair amount of sense to me. I think it is more the hiding in civilized that is contrary to being a wood-elf nature more than anything, not the they see everything aspect.
70164, It's odd boris doesn't know how Welf acute vision works.
Posted by ice king on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Especially when he acts like he knows everything. It's funny though. Laughs are always good.

Wood elf thieves would be fine.
70167, It's not odd you make things up
and then laugh about it. Laughs are always good.
70168, I made up this entire thread?
Now THAT is funny. Get over yourself.
70210, RE: I made up this entire thread?
You make up MY thoughts based on branch I did not participate in. That's classic you - stupid and boring.
70219, You are wrong.
This entire thread is you showing exactly what I said. I'm not making it up. It seems like you've been having some kind of mental breakdown recently. Seek help.
70224, is you showing exactly what I said
In other words, you've made it up. Do please go on.
70230, RE: is you showing exactly what I said
Here is you saying a thief who can see everything in the wild should not exist. http://forums.carrionfields.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=6&topic_id=70086&mesg_id=70089&page=

A woodelf thief wouldn't be able to see EVERYTHING in the wild. Plus you're forgetting piercing gaze as well as other things.

Other people have already explained this, and you did not respond to those comments. But you'll gladly reply to anything I say in an attempt to troll be. I don't know why, nor do I care. But as anyone can see and others have pointed out, I'm not making it up. For anything else you have to say on this matter, I'll refer you to this post: http://forums.carrionfields.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=6&topic_id=70086&mesg_id=70141&page=
70099, No problem with this
Posted by robdarken_ on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
The only thing I hate more than hiders are camo/chameleon bitches.
If this means they can have their inventories dumped too, I'm all for it.

Anyway they can only see in one room, and it's not even half as powerful as a warrior/shaman/a-p race with detect hidden and great stats.
70118, RE: Because it's a character that sees everything
Posted by Thaedan on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Possible fix: wood-elf thieves lose acute vision. Not too hard to imagine an IC explanation.
70119, RE: Because it's a character that sees everything
Posted by lasentia on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
His argument is already ridiculous, since they have limited acute vision and can not see camo people on where or who. The utility of w-elf acute vision in practice is far less than he makes it out to be. His statements would only be correct if it functioned like a ranger's acute vision, which it does not.

Another solution - Take away hide/detect hidden, give true acute vision and camo/creep.

Make them thieves operating in wilderness areas only.

I guess trapper may be the only issue, not sure if they can use traps in wilds.
70123, RE: Because it's a character that sees everything
Posted by Thaedan on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Acute vision obviously has its limits, but it makes you more or less invulnerable to ambush, which can be nice for low-hp class with no built-in damage reduction. Maybe save you a few dumb ranger deaths.
70133, A wood-elf thief is not OP by any measure
Except the Kstatida "if you can see camo and hidden it's game breaking" measure.
70108, I think what you forget
Posted by jalbrin on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Is that Natasha has a pathological need to reply to every topic and most posts.

Sometimes he has to stretch to find something he thinks is relevant.
70120, Bingo n/t
Posted by Matrik- on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
No divided by text = no.
70143, Once upon a time...
Posted by Daerkshyn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
All rangers and assassins could see everything.
Invis
camou
hidden

Yet somehow, CF still lives. How is a wood-elf thief who can
see camou in the room they're in more game-breaking than any
Imperial with piercing gaze? Makes no sense. They can already
do what the proposed wood-elf can, and see the general vicinity
(room name) where the camouflaged person is.