Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectRE: Sure. Tell me I can get a conjie inducted and I'll play one.
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=69562&mesg_id=69614
69614, RE: Sure. Tell me I can get a conjie inducted and I'll play one.
Posted by Tac on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Documenting is good. Thank you for doing so. Truly and honestly.

Re: Considering a case that isn't before you... That is exactly what I'm doing, putting the case before you. I'm not going to spend what little time I have for CF playing a character to "break the mold" I don't think should exist. I'm certainly not going to invest 200 hours into that. That's 5 full work weeks. For that kind of investment I'd expect a lot better than a consolation prize.

I have learned over the years that having a character that requires someone else to be invested in my success to reach it is a recipe for disappointment, which is why I don't play empowerment characters or try for "out of the box" builds or "break the mold" stuff.

I'll continue to make the case I can in the ways I'm willing, but asking me, or anyone, to put tens to hundreds of hours into a character to "consider the case" is beyond crazy. No one wants to put that kind of time and effort into something only to be told it will never happen and/or get a consolation prize.