Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectAristole Fire giant / your role doesn't make sense. Dur...
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=69059&mesg_id=69059
69059, Aristole Fire giant / your role doesn't make sense. Dur...
Posted by Jaegendar on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I like to play giants, because english is not my first language (even tou I feel quite confident with it). So its easier to play dumb races that talk like "Me jaegendar, what want?".

Howeeeever, during interviews I get all these kinds of philosophical questions. "What are you thoughts about the veil, how did it came to be""Tell me 5 times where jurisdiction does not apply to your job as a magistrate",etc. And then it seems as if I am expected to unscrew my fire giant head and screw on my elven head for the duration of the interview for fear of not getting inducted.

Another thing that freaks me out on inteviews is when people dismiss your role.

For example: I was trapped in Veran as a young felar and got traumatized by magic from seeing the fezzard and the big ball of fleshy chaos. So that's why I hate magic. (simplified example of course)

Interviewer: That was all it took for you to be traumatized by magic?, If you got lost in the sewers then you will hate civilization forever and ever?.

What do you do in these two interviewing instances?. Last it happened I just threw my arms up, deleted the char and threw the role in the garbage. I really didn't see any other choice.