Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectArea idea
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=69024
69024, Area idea
Posted by laxman on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I think it would be cool to update and progress area storylines instead of adding new areas.

I imagine there is less overhead since a lot of the groundwork is laid already.

It can hook into global or cabal quests, imagine imperial recruiting posts popping up in towns and villages.

For returning players it adds a new twist to seeing the story of CF playing out and giving them new content with some familiarity.

Some areas to consider.

Seeing if the storm giants invade kiadana
The undead have finally overrun the village of barovia.
Lower cragstone survives an attack

Add trade caravans for east road as a result of the maturing economy between the major cities. maybe go fancy and have them kind of dynamic like the port of hamsah. Include some super high end caravans that are like ancient dragon or other area explore bosses, high risk from both a pve and pvp
69027, Main problem
Posted by Kstatida on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
It should be the same builder.
69029, I disagree
Posted by Blkdrgn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Maybe a small group of builders with one managing the main thought of it. That way it gets done quicker, the main objective of the build is shared, allow some creativity but limit it to the managing builder's idea.
69030, You don't get it
Posted by Kstatida on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
The builder who messes with the area should be the builder who built it.
69033, Yeah, this is a big part of it.
Posted by Ishuli on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
In general, the goal is to not edit other peoples' areas. At the same time, we do aim to update them. You'll notice a lot of the areas have copyright bits at the start, so we typically ask authors if it is okay for us to edit their stuff.

Updating areas IS something we do. Some of them shift plots, while some of them are replaced - and it sort of depends on the proposed goals of those working on the areas at the time.

Otherwise, the more dynamic things tend to require some coding work, so those more ambitious projects can be delayed due to that. Some areas, on the other hand, are such 'staples' in CF that changing/updating them can be tricky since they fit in so well and are used so often.

-Ish