Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectCommerce and Barter.
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=69015
69015, Commerce and Barter.
Posted by Honestpaladin on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
1. Is there a timer for these? players have said that a 10-15 min timer is in place.

2. If there is a timer do both commerce and barter share said timer?

2. Can I only sell or barter one thing or five things before the timer starts(if there is one)
69016, There is a timer between how quickly you can receive commerce experience.
Posted by Quixotic on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I believe you still get credit for the sales, but the timer is there to dissuade you from running to the guildmaster after earning 20 silver.
69017, RE: There is a timer between how quickly you can receive commerce experience.
Posted by Saagkri on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
"... the timer is there to dissuade you from running to the guildmaster after earning 20 silver."

That's not a reason to do something. What's the downside of someone going back to the guildmaster after earning 20 silver? Does it impact anyone in the game? Does it bother someone if I want do that with my time?
69018, RE: There is a timer between how quickly you can receive commerce experience.
Posted by Kstatida on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I believe this was done in order to discourage obs/exp details writing down for further minmaxing.

Pretty pointless nowadays with edge points gone.
69020, Not really.
Posted by Edger on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
People who remember what edges do who liked them a lot and have specific edges in mind for their characters will still spend hours and hours and hours trying to go after even just a few edge points you would get from 1000 commerce. There is literally a shifter right now who's been hero for 2-3 weeks trying to scrape enough EP to be able to roll her first form after she kept her second and heroed.

At one point they said if you hero you should have enough EP to roll/spin as long as shapeshift spell is up, but that isn't the case anymore. Separate issue, but if I'm that char and I have a role already I'm going to farm commerce.
69021, How do you contradict me? NT
Posted by Kstatida on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
NT