Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectYeah that's what I do
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=68882&mesg_id=69012
69012, Yeah that's what I do
Posted by Murphy on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
>If you don't want to put up with this annoyance then don't break the law

The problem is:
1) I and Tribs will disagree on what constitutes breaking the law. Moreover, this thing changes every time a Provost changes. The "science marches on" argument is very weak because things don't change to match new circumstances - they change back and forth because different Provosts have different understanding of the law. Nothing undermines authority and erodes respect faster than this, IC and OOC.

2) Consequently, I don't always know if what I'm going to do will be seen as lawbreaking. Sure I can err on the side of caution but if a Trib is really determined to find a reason to flag me, they will. I want concise rules that restrain against possible arbitrariness and outline exactly what I'm allowed to do and what I'm not allowed to do.

3) Laws should not restrain people to the point of ridiculousness. People should always be allowed to defend their cabal without worrying about a flag.

4) From my every experience as a non-Trib character, it's that PK-hungry Tribs are always trying to provoke me into breaking the law.
See #1. Sooner or later I'm going to slip and get flagged. How about you guys focus on your enemies? On those who actually hate the law?