Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectWhat do you mean it doesn't specify jurisdiction?
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=68882&mesg_id=68954
68954, What do you mean it doesn't specify jurisdiction?
Posted by Murphy on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Law #3 itself doesn't specify "in a protected city". I think it should, btw, that would make things way clearer; and yes I would prefer it both as a Trib and as a non-criminal outsider, and as Outlander.

>though it does require jurisdiction to warrant. But that last part is easily solved by going back to your city.

It requires for the crime to happen within jurisdiction. Not just that the Trib be in her jurisdiction at some point in order to actually place the flag.

By the way, the Spire library actually goes kinda weird on this:

"While off-duty you are just like a regular citizen, in that should you see or hear a crime in a city that is not of your jurisdiction, you may NOT return to duty and flag the person."

So if I'm in Udgaard (a city not in anyone's jurisdiction), and I see or hear a crime (it does not specify which kind of crime; any crime) I may NOT return to Galadon and flag the culprit. But if it's in the Fortress I can?

Regardless of the above, there's also "help provost", which has a remark that it's never illegal to attack the provost abroad. Why is that remark needed when the laws already say "in protected cities"? Oh wait there's one law that doesn't. And it's for that law that the remark exists.