Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectImprobability Tunnel
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=68641
68641, Improbability Tunnel
Posted by Shifty Shifter on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Loving that there is a fresh new power added to the Entropist repertoire that has some neat little facets that I've admittedly not had a chance to fully discover just yet.

I have a request, however: Is there any chance that there could be some kind of benefit added for shifters since casting isn't really their thing? The only half-useful targeted spell that they have is fumble-- but against a rager, that's a pretty good way to get two-rounded.

Maybe some kind of added damage or affect that progs randomly (magical chimera head sprouts out and bites for minorish damage or something)... Just a thought. It makes me sad seeing a cool-looking power in my power list that I cannot really utilize.

Regardless of your response, I very much appreciate your efforts.
68646, Also my Maran shifter..
Posted by Maran Shifter on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
..can't use weapons so can we hook up some flaming silver claw attacks?

I can't brandish or recite in form either so I'd like eye laserbeams as well against undead.
68647, I'm into it. n/t
N/T
68648, You make certain cabal sacrifices
Posted by Lhydia on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
To play the easiest and least involved class in the game.
68649, Worthless response. Thank you. n/t

n/t
68650, You're welcome old friend. n/t
Posted by Lhydia on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
gr
68651, RE: Also my Maran shifter..
Posted by Thaedan on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
'HOLY MAW OF WRATH' (3060)

Syntax: call 'holy maw' <victim>

A Maran shapeshifter may focus upon the Phoenix and belch forth a beam of pure, unadulterated wrath from his or her inhuman maw, burning a wicked foe with the strength of his righteous, vomitous anger.

See also: FORTRESS OF LIGHT, HOLY BRIGADE OF THE PHOENIX

68652, I think we're really onto something here! N/t
Nt
68643, Not an imm
Posted by laxman on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I think the general purpose of the skill is to make life in a low head count all mate cabal slightly less rough against battle by partially bypassing spellbane. Shifters don't actually have that inherent problem so while the skill is a bigger help for other classes I don't really see why something would be thrown to shifters that don't have the underlying problem the skill is meant to address.

I haven't seen the skill in action so I could be totally wrong in my assumption that it affects only/primarily spellbane but even with that said it's goal seems to be on assisting offensive casting which is not a primary part of the shifter kit.
68653, Would love shifters to have a damage spell
Posted by Murphy on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I mean, every other mage class has some; it'd make the life of a formless shifter slightly more bearable.