Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectI've always said, I'd like to know a "thing" exists...
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=68214&mesg_id=68347
68347, I've always said, I'd like to know a "thing" exists...
Posted by TMNS on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I don't need a detailed walkthrough, but if I don't know a thing exists, I probably won't search for it, and thus, exploration is relatively useless.

For an example, I was told when I was playing Brondalorm that there were some new forms of aura for warriors (OOC). I ended up exploring quite a bit because of that, though two separate players gave me IC clues, and eventually I figured out both forms of aura.

Another example is something like Shadow Plane (though, to be honest, this is lessened because while I think you are incredibly creative, I think your game balance hat has completely shifted towards a certain type of player). Now that I know it exists and that players have gone, I'm interested in it. Before I knew it existed, I could have cared less.

Long/short of it is, you can't be completely "gestapo-like" with certain information about CF. You have to allow certain things to either "leak" or full on posts logs/discuss.