Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectRE: This, with some stipulations.
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=68214&mesg_id=68266
68266, RE: This, with some stipulations.
Posted by Isildur on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
>One of the most frustrating parts of learning this game is
>item knowledge. It's the one thing that keeps me as a noob
>from being competitive in PK situation.

Allow me to humbly disagree? Lack of item knowledge may be hindering you, but its fairly unlikely to be "the one thing" that's keeping you from being competitive.

Knowledge of the nuances of skills, both your own and your enemy's. Area knowledge. All the other stuff that goes into PK competitiveness, like not panicking, not spamming, having the right strategy for a given opponent, being able to adjust that strategy on the fly to adjust for unforeseen occurrences, etc.

But I'll totally grant that item knowledge (both gear and consumables) is important.

>I was going to suggest that all limited items under level 40
>or 50 should be included in the item list.

If they're going to do a filter like that, I would base it on "rarity" instead of item level. Item levels are kind of wonky. Some items that are very powerful and rare aren't as high level as you'd expect them to be, and some items that are high level aren't really that rare or powerful.

>I do appreciate getting outfitted
>by vets, it's great and I thank all of you that do so, but
>that's handing me a fish. I don't just want to eat, I want to
>be able to feed myself.

If someone is willing to gear you up, that person is probably also willing to show you where that gear comes from. Just have to ask.