Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectJava does have points.
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=67654&mesg_id=67773
67773, Java does have points.
Posted by Raltevio on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
There are issues in communication. I highlighted that and tried to make a drive to improve things when I first came in. For various reasons that did not work.

In the end I gave up. The futility of throwing hour after hour at trying to improve player/staff relations when people are, for the most part, set in their ways and are largely unwilling to compromise or work together as a community was a disappointment.

It doesn't bother me that people are the way they are (our community is better than a lot of other communities out there, in fairness), but I'm not interested in burning through all of my free time chasing a dream. If I wanted to do that I'd go treasure hunt in Peru or on the ocean floor or something and go look for pirate gold.

It's fine to want a game you care about (as a player) to flourish. I understand the upset around watching the numbers slide. I suspect the issues run deeper than just code changes. It doesn't mean the staff or players get a free pass- but there is a possibility that this is outside the staff's hands no matter what we do.