Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectDivine flagged gear.
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=67164
67164, Divine flagged gear.
Posted by Honestpaladin on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Can ragers use "divine" flagged gear? since its not flagged magical and is given back to you for use when given to Tahren.

You give a ring bearing the seal of Telenius to Tahren the Noldarian Smith of Battle.
Tahren inspects a ring bearing the seal of Telenius closely, snorts, then hands it back to you.
Tahren the Noldarian Smith of Battle says to you 'Not a bit of the taint on that, Rumuruk. Might be better off using it to kill mages.'

67174, It's not easy to tell when you're an applicant, but..
Posted by Kalageadon on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I'm fairly certain items like this one or healing weapons, etc, will be affected by spellbane.
67175, No. n/t
Posted by Lhydia on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
gr
67182, Well, what about this?
3. Priests are to be tolerated, for they are empowered by the gods, but they are not gods themselves. ***"Their powers"*** should not be embraced anywhere other than the shrine of your deity.

IF none of the healing items are affected by spellbane, then that must mean that there's a commune since it's a "divine" item. And, as such, they should fall under the 3rd commandment of the Village Tablet.
67184, Ragers can't be priests. n/t
gr
67185, RE: Well, what about this?
Posted by Destuvius on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
This commandment cares about PC's not objects. Now, if a Commander opted to push it to include objects, I don't think anyone would view it as "crazy" but its certainly not included by default.
67189, Last one then...
The fourth commandment speaks of more than just the priests directly and more to the point anything magical.

4. It is forbidden to beseech or manipulate any form of magic other than that expressly mentioned above. To do so is to mock the gods and a blasphemy of your combat prowess.

So, as I see it, unless the echo is some form of inspiration *non-divine* and it passes spellbane, then and only then would it not fall into the "any form of magic". I haven't played in many months so I forget the echos.
67190, Agree to disagree
Posted by Destuvius on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
If you get Commander and want to run it your way, no one will stop you. But its not something that is even on the radar of the staff as a "problem" that needs to be fixed. Like people have pointed out, things that we felt needed to be changed to be magic etc have been.
74380, I don't think everyone feels this way.
Posted by TripHitNdip on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I've been uninducted for wearing non-magical progging gear twice. Once by Thror and once by a Drillmaster.

I bet if you polled people. You'd get more people that say you'll get uninducted than not.
67167, Depends on mortal/Immortal leadership views.
Posted by TMNS on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Nothing mechanically against the rules in wearing it.
67166, If Tahren says its okay...
..RP wise you have no reason not to use it. They went through the entire mud with a fine tooth comb and left all the gear they wanted to leave.

Tahren is the authority.

F anyone who says otherwise or change the items.
67168, RE: If Tahren says its okay...
Posted by incognito on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I bet your fortress characters are happy to wear demon talismans too?
67169, They're demon-face, not demon
Posted by Kstatida on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Like the wyverns on Notre Dame de Paris.
67170, Sure. You just get a Paladin to purify them.
Once a Paladin purifies them they have no evil on them. In fact there is code in place where a Fortress character can't possibly wear anything that is flagged evil.

Then you wear them briefly to remove cursed weapons.

And guess what? If they were super evil they'd be impossible to cleanse OR they'd be flagged anti-good.

Get a life Valg.
67171, RE: Sure. You just get a Paladin to purify them.
Posted by incognito on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
A swastika isn't evil per se, but most people wouldn't wear one because of what it represents.
67172, RE: Sure. You just get a Paladin to purify them.
Posted by Java on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
"I keep it close as a reminder that even the most evil thing can be purified by the power of light, and find usefulness in service of the righteous."

Roleplay is a tricky thing. As long as you think of it from your characters perspective, there are a thousand ways to look at anything.

I can easily see a sphere Purity character that wouldn't wear them and would judge anyone that did (I've played more than one or two). But I could also see someone another good character that wasn't so strict making use of anything that benefited the good, without placing much stock in pointless decorations.

Nothing inherently wrong with a Good character using those. Nothing wrong with a Maran/Acolyte using them (if they've been purified), as long as it can be explained in an IC way.
67173, If it doesn't have a red flag and you can wear it, it's kosher.
Posted by TMNS on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
That's the default.

As you said, there are some roles in Fort that would frown on that behavior, and I'm cool with that. There should be some wiggle-room and/or nuance in situations like this.
67186, If I'm in a war,
Posted by ice king on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
and the outcome of the war will decide if me and my family live, and wearing a swastika will increase my chances of winning... I'll be wearing as many as physically possible AND THEN SOME MORE.