Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectRE: Insects is only a problem if you let it be a problem
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=59072&mesg_id=59198
59198, RE: Insects is only a problem if you let it be a problem
Posted by -flso on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
If you played that felar explorer ranger who had pursuit + baer tattoo, you really
have nothing here to stand on. Togni proved that the combo was broken long before you did anything with it.

But even with that combo (which is the worst possible combo with that power), you never killed Zhenyen, Vhateel, Ankhran (some chars from memory who were using orbs at that time) even though you *could* have, because you could in turn RELIABLY NULLIFY their use of orb. This was one of the reasons that this combo was so deadly (and broken), not insects by itself.

I've never seen anyone who knows the game really well not being able to deal with *just* insects. I'm not talking god mode players here (Togni and co) but even players like quas and shamanman who are very aggressive and take lots of risks seem to back me up.

Just the fact that there exists an item that *anyone* can get, with a bit of effort,
that completely nullifies the power should be enough to end any 'OMG insects is OP' discussion but alas it never happens. Do ppl die to it? Of course. They're newbies or they're lazy or they don't give a ####. The way you figure out if something is 'balanced', you test it vs people who *DO* give a #### and try their best to beat it.
The best of the best. These, as far as I know, have no real problems with the power.

Every time I play a mage, which isn't often, I have 0 problems with deathblow.
Yet there is thread after thread about how it's BS. People are lazy, they don't want to put in the work. Thank the heavens that this game hasn't completely lost the plot regarding that.

How do I nullify sigil of pain, healing curse, piercing gaze, despoil, nightwalker, portal and so on?