Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectIts cool if you are in a cabal, or have help from time to time.
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=57634&mesg_id=57785
57785, Its cool if you are in a cabal, or have help from time to time.
Posted by Gaplemo on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Yeah, its probably more convenient than the old system as a whole. I like the new system but HATE the fact that once you are screwed with one of the impossible spots, without help, you will never ever see a black rod again without barrier attunement.

However, if you're playing the lone scarab hero mage or whatever, and you generally don't have friends in your range willing to help you, youre going to get SCREWED eventually. Because the fact remains, there are some sleek black rod locations that are impossible to get solo. (Heres looking at you, "ice queen" sleek black location. Good luck getting that one solo even if you have full ABS up.)

Id remove maybe, 4-5 spots altogether for the black rods, and honestly, I couldn't think of a better system at that point. If the hard spots were kept in, the ones you can probably take if you rest 4 or 5 times the fight, but the impossible ones taken out, (you guys know the ones im talking about) the wand system would be near perfect. Even I can't deny that.

So yeah, there has been a huge step in the right direction. A huge step. But there is some fine tuning still needed to be done before it's a smooth system.

Edited to add....My idea is this. If the guildmaster gives you a tip for a wand, that you KNOW you cant get, like no way...maybe add a "bribe" system or whatever, maybe for 50 or 100 gold you can pass over that spot, and it just gives you a new randomized wand spot to go after. Maybe you can only bribe once every 48 game hours. It would completely solve the problem of impossible wand spots, without taking any out, and it would provide a costly way to at least get a shot at the next wand. I think that would be a really really good system