Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectA thought on slaver
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=57251&mesg_id=57292
57292, A thought on slaver
Posted by Tac on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
So there are roughly two reasons slaver is so good, from my experience.

1) Weapons specs i.e. polearm are very useful to have. Orcs do cool skills too, but they aren't *as* useful due to point 2.

2) Normal mob HP pets. I can't prove this entirely, but I believe Orc NPCs have (generally) absolutely terrible HP compare to say, a dwarf NPC of the same level. Presumably because of enslave. Since they also tank like bricks (see orc) they can't actually stand in front for long enough to get good use out of their cool skills where a giant warrior NPC can take a serious beating.

As an example, Krunk and a svirf healer nearly solo'd black dragon based on the giant polearm spec tanking (and rescuing) and only failed because the healer had #### for mana (see svirf). The only Orc NPC I can think of that would last remotely that long isn't slaveable. All the others would go down too fast to even be worth trying.

Which reminds me: Orc Skjaald(sp?) for Kiadana doesn't do Orc or Bard skills. WTF!!!! Make it sing cool #### like resist and stuff and be a cool slaveable pet. Santa Umi anyone?