Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectIs dragonscale considered rigid armor for the purposes of malleability?
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=56291
56291, Is dragonscale considered rigid armor for the purposes of malleability?
Posted by wishes the helpfile was a bit more specific. on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
n/t
56336, A Request
Posted by For great justice on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
When this change went in the following was posted:

- Each piece of rigid armor (materials such as metal, stone, bone, wood, glass, etc.) worn reduces the success rate of malleability slightly.

In the help file it only says rigid armors reduce the success rate of malleability as well but is not more specific then that.

To its merit this game is being worked upon code wise at a fairly impressive rate, especially from what I'm seeing in the announcements. However, it seems to me only certain people are allowed to see the code. And those people have probably been working on this game 10 to 20 years.So to me its understandable they might either be to busy, or just be unwilling to take the time to check the code to answer these questions. Often when asked about the code, other immortals will go with that is stated on the help files in an attempt to help, unfortunately as I've learned with corporeal hardening, corporeal softening, and to my utter surprise even calcification, those help files are misleading to say the least. Some of the time, they don't really know the answer themselves.

For example the help file for malleability should read:

Each piece of rigid armor (materials such as metal, stone, bone, wood, glass, *) worn reduces the success rate of malleability slightly.

Where * replaces etc by specifying each and every other material that the coder consider rigid. In might be obvious for them whether or not dragonscale armor is rigid or not. However, its a fictional material to me and, I honestly have no idea. Loose chain-mail seems pretty maneuverable to me, more so then tight leather i would think, but again its what the coder is imagining at the time. My request is that in the future when you make code changes, even small changes like the one to malleability that you try to make the help file as clear and accurate as possible. I think this will help minimize the need for questions like mine, and/or help other imms help newbies with their questions a bit better. Let me just add, I'm grateful for all the help those immortals have been able to give me, their effort is appreciated.

As for my question, I guess I'll just have to go energy/leather/treasure gear if I want to be safe. Also just to add, clearer help files in not only on the shoulders of the coders, i think everyone can help with them, when the changes were made clarification could have been asked then.