Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectRE: You continue to miss the point.
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=52053&mesg_id=52783
52783, RE: You continue to miss the point.
Posted by Eskelian on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
We'll agree to disagree. In that list you've got a Scion transmuter, despoil + ABS + transmuter dam redux + stoneform...a bard that had a gank-o-meter of 2.66 and a guy who had the tankiest most overpowered offensive form with pounce and ABS in the game for the last 10 years or so.

I'm not sure exactly what you consider more defensive than those three things.

Anyone who cites Oshui as an example of how to deal with ragers may as well stay out of this conversation because we're on a totally different wavelength, I'm not going to beg for a broken overpowered shapeshifter form to deal with my cabal enemy. And honestly, the mechanics are what they are...random, 5x damage. You want to talk about how to deal with random 5x damage without having 50%+ damage reduction or hyper-defensive tanking (or letting an NPC or group of 3 tank for you), feel free to let me know, I wasn't aware that was a controversial statement.

Those who can't actually discuss the topic deflect onto "Hey, this guy 2 years ago destroyed village, so there's no problem here" sort of nonsense. I understand full well what kills ragers and how ragers can kill you. The mechanic is bad, because you're fighting the power not the player. The player is just spamming bash/pincer/cranial, hoping they hit pay dirt on the RNG. It's a lame mechanic for a game that is supposed to pit skill vs skill.