Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectTis the season?
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=48001&mesg_id=48001
48001, Tis the season?
Posted by Mek on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Ok people, so The Hobbit is coming to theaters soon, fantasy-geekdom will see a rise like it did during the Lord of the Rings trilogy. This would be a fantastic time to carpet bomb the populace with some CF ads.

I believe that snaring casual mudders into trying CF isn't the problem, and never has been. CF has to wow them that very first time they play it. So, I think infrastructure designed to help new players get hooked and survive in the game is critical. It's just too harsh of a game to come into with no one helping you out. A mentoring system would be a logical extension of the newbie channel, though I'm sure the staff could come up with even better ideas than that.

-Mek

P.S. Some of you have taken issue with what Stunna posted below, and I saw several comments along the lines of "well, you're not offering ANY ideas to be helpful, so you're just making it worse." This, by the way, is laughable. Stunna got the whole CF Marketing forum started, attempted to get some real organization going in that area, and not for lack of effort on his part it just didn't really go anywhere. Why not try again?