Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectHometowns
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=4737
4737, Hometowns
Posted by Abthalok on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Alright, if you have been fighting, and choose a smaller hometown, you get sent to a large town when you quaff/word.

This doesn't make too much sense, to me atleast. I mean, is having a remote hometown overpowered? If I have to hump it back to more widely traveled areas when I haven't been fighting, and don't really want to be way out in the middle of nowhere, don't you think I should enjoy the same remotness when it would actually help me out? This just doesn't make much sense to me. With Galadon being so overcrowded ht wise, I would think it make sense to offer SOME benifit for choosing a remote ht.
4739, RE: Hometowns
Posted by Valguarnera on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
FWIW, I wouldn't take Galadon as a hometown on a bet.

Word of Recall is already pretty safe, even if you're going to a larger town. It would be too safe, IMHO, if you could recall out of combat to someplace really obscure or hard to reach. If anything, I'd be in favor of making escape-oriented transportation less safe, not more.

valguarnera@carrionfields.com
4830, One thing I was thinking...
Posted by Vladamir on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Why not make WOR dependant on the person casting/comming it, instead of the persons hometown? I think of a mage is more familiar with Galadon, and they are sending someone "home to be safe" the home they have in mind is Galadon.

I think this would open up not only all kinds of entertaining tactical boo-soo's for people to chortle over, but also cause people to think twice about asking their friend to send them home from a losing fight.

Could make things VERY interesting.
4833, That is interesting. (n/t)
Posted by Qaledus on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
:)
4738, I always considered the benefit of smaller hometowns to be
Posted by Wilhath on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
the lack of pit-looting vultures.