Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectRE: Good Killing Neutral
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=4174&mesg_id=4201
4201, RE: Good Killing Neutral
Posted by Isildur on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
>(For those of you keeping score, neutral is exactly
>that...neutral. It's not someone who is both evil and good at
>times, nor is it someone who waffles back and forth...it's
>someone who is neither.)

This may constitute hijacking (of the thread) but I've always had a problem with how neutrality plays out in Carrion Fields. It seems not to correspond to anything in the "real world". Maybe that's fine, since Thera isn't reality, but in a few other areas there's been somewhat of a push for "realism".

Most neutrals do things that most normal people consider pretty damn evil. Killing orphans and little elf children. Killing "kind, peaceful" (i.e. good-aligned) player characters without provocation, purely out of greed. But it seems that as long as they balance out these evil acts with "good" acts they're in no danger of an alignment change. To my mind, neutral characters should *not* be attacking people unprovoked unless there's a specific reason in their RP. The same goes for good-aligned characters (yes, even with regard to evils) except that most goodies have an RP angle that permits (or demands) that they attack evils.

Anyway, that's my rant for the evening. Think I'll go pore over my overpowered script-enhanced spreadsheet in preparation for my fantasy baseball draft tomorrow. It's so tragic when one of your addictions starts to compete with the other.