Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectWhatever you want to call the forest guardians in FoN
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=41441&mesg_id=41559
41559, Whatever you want to call the forest guardians in FoN
Posted by Graatch on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
They are all good aligned, they have been in cf since the beginning. I or anyone can come up with whatever name for their race you want - and it's entirely possible they have one, I haven't looked at a forest guardian's description in many years. But they come in all sizes and I might use that.

So, when they are "Young" they are small size. When they are "Mature" they are large (giant) size. When they are "middle aged" and "old" they are human sized. They gain and suffer from the usual consequences to these size changes as they age.

They have natural affinity for forest and plains, and in those two wilderness terrains they can see camo and walk with sneak, not only quiet. In other wilderness terrains they walk with quiet, like wood elves. In civilized they move like anyone else.

They can join the ranger, warrior, shaman, paladin, healer, invoker, transmuter and shapeshifter. They cannot become thief, assassin, conjurer, or the evil classes of course. If you wanted to make them good AND neutral choices, add druid of course. Undecided on bard though I'm leaning against. And no conjurer because they are inherently tied to this world, this land, not outside forces.

If they choose ranger obviously they get the benefits of their wilderness choices so their inherent ability to see camo in plains and forest and sneaking in those two become obsolete, but so be it.

They are better in wisdom than in intelligence, they are better in strength than in dex and they are of average constitution.

As a result of their generations of working with rebuilding the forest of nowhere they are resistant to disease and to fire, but they are vulnerable to poison.