Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectNaw
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=3854&mesg_id=3870
3870, Naw
Posted by Lokith on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I don't hate them all, I just think things are pretty blah with them all. Tribunal specifically has no real enemy/rival cabal, no one to fight with on a grander scale, boring. Empire fights the village and the fortress, when empire's even vaguely strong it's no contest for them. Scion, hunt random people and occasionally raid the village and possibly more often the fortress, low numbers, rp might be fun within it but still kind of blah. Fortress I'm assuming raids scion and empire occasionally, seems to be the cabal that suffers the most from mass log on log off symptoms, with rare exceptions. Equates to not really fun in my book. The village wars primarily with empire and scion, taking out any random mage it can occasionally.

I think it'd be more fun if there was more gray area. I do like that sometimes imperials and scion go at eachother, it's rare to my knowledge but that's ideal for two would-be evil super powers. I don't like that the village doesn't seem to do much killing of fortress mage types because they're too busy with scion and empire. I think it'd be cool if empire actualy tried to enforce its supposed dominion and tell the tribunals that they're an underling of the empire. Basically I'd like things to stir up abit. The old curse, May you live in interesting times. I agree before hand that 'alot' of this could be motivated and set into motion by the respective people in these cabals, but without some kind of Immteraction one way or another, most of these individuals would probably face the boot if they tried to pull this stuff off. I could be totally wrong on this count, but I know it's a very real situation for a villager, and I'd suspect any imperial. (not that they're not always under the gun in that respect, potentially anyway.)

As for the powers I mentioned, it's not so much that they're insurmountable, rather than they just seem like lazy powers. Granted they're pretty nice for those who have them, but with the exception of the night time call fog and several variant nightwalkers, they seem unimaginative, and all of this from an imm staff that is clearly anything but. That's a compliment. I just think the trend has been very cut and dried. I have no clue why sylvan was destroyed, I don't think it was lacking for enemies (unless you count that the forests became more dangerous to rank in because of changes to certain mobs) but likewise I miss the random element that now is only represented by non-cabaled types like Woopooga and so forth. More variation is a good thing in my opinion.