Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectRE: Cabal Overview
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=3854&mesg_id=3856
3856, RE: Cabal Overview
Posted by Isildur on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
There are a few nuggets I might on some planet agree with, but mostly I feel like you're full of crap. But I mean that in the best possible way.

>Empire: Overall, I don't have many issues with Empire. I do
>think that Centurions is one of the most useful and equally
>laim powers in the game as far as cabals go.

So you're mad that they're a) hard to kill, b) prevent fleeng, c) capable of making newbies take routes other than the roads.

The first is untrue, at least at hero. Depends on the class. Paladins chew through them. The second can be a big deal, but not always. If you think there's an imperial around and see centurions on "where" then don't go to the cents unless you think you can kick the imperial's ass without fleeing. The last is something I actually consider a good thing. Will teach people alternate ways to get places.

>Scion: The fog stuff, no clue what it's called. That affects a
>greater area, blinds, pops people out of camo or being hidden,
>does damage etc. This is a supremely crap power.

Does it prevent them from leaving the area? Does it prevent them from destroying the source of the fog?

>Fortress: I know there are exceptions to the rule, but is this
>cabal good for anything whatsoever other than being a pat
>eachother on the back 'I'm ok, you're ok.' cabal?

They raid Empire and Scion with some frequency. They get raided by Empire and Scion with some frequency. Acolytes presumably help people on occasion.

>Battle: No sense of self. This cabal is a mess, and it's the
>Immstaff's fault. With conflicting credos like be courageous
>and if you have one foe and eight of you, you should 'all'
>crush that 'one' foe into the dirt and all the variances
>in-between.

Ragers kill mages. Voila. Some do it with honor, some without. Some are courageous, some are weaselly.