Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectDwarves vs Duergars
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=3823
3823, Dwarves vs Duergars
Posted by Phaistus on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Can someone shed some light on this topic?

From the helpfiles I see no indication as to why a duergar is stronger than a dwarf. They do not work the stone or metals and they are thinner.

I think that if the str of a dwarf and a duergar were swapped there would still be no decline in the amount of duergars that are created. They still have higher than average dex, still pretty damn strong and they still have the most kickass of all inherents (detect hidden). I do realize that a dwarf is still a bit healthier than a duergar but I think a duergar's dex makes up for a lot of that extra health because of better dodging abilities.

I understand that dwarves recently got a boost in strength but as it stands now, dwarves and half-elf warriors with prime stat strength are equal in strength. A race that has any kind of elven heritage being as strong as a dwarf..well I am just having a hard time swallowing that pill.
3824, We'll look at updating the helpfiles. (n/t)
Posted by Sevarecan on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
}(
3827, RE: We'll look at updating the helpfiles. (n/t)
Posted by Isildur on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Speaking of dwarves and duergar...

In the dwarf helpfile it says dwaves resist disease and poison. No mention of magic.

In the duergar helpfile it says duergar, like their dwarves, resist magic and poison. No mention of disease.

So...

If dwarves resist magic, that should probably be mentioned explicitly. (Like in the svirf helpfile).

If duergar, like dwarves, resist disease, that should probably be mentioned explicitly.