Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectConjurer Idear
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=3777
3777, Conjurer Idear
Posted by Thunderpants on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I think it would be cool if you could release your servitors so that he/she/it could run around doing whatever he pleases until his/her/its binding fails. This would be real nice to do when your servi is tracking. It could also be used to leave a sentinel nasty (for those certain special servi - class relationships).

Also, could we have smoke mephits follow us?
3782, this can already be done
Posted by incognito on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
getting a servitor that tracks and doesn't return to you can be done, if you figure out the way to do it.
3779, I find this part funny
Posted by Bobcat742 on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
"Also, could we have smoke mephits follow us?"

You want a conjurer to have a creature that fogs anyone on enter.. mind you not right away you can avoid it if you move fast enough. But think about that. it's basically a perma detect hidden. Common sense before asking for a million dollars. funny stuff Thunderpants.
3785, RE: I find this part funny
Posted by Thunderpants on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Common sense says that smoke mephits don't do anything except for stop assassins from stalking. They don't protect you from hiders otherwise because they are exhedingly slow. Anyone who can nest commands can negate the beneficial effect of a smoke mephit in pk. They also don't cover people in powder, so there is no residual effect. Having a smoke mephit following would destroy the bonus of invisibility (so it's not all good).

This is no joke, it is completely understandable. If I could move with my mephit I could actually deal with thieves: Because until I figure out a way to counteract it I can't avoid getting blackjacked and either trussed, cheap shotted etc to death. (Mephits are absolutely no help.)

A smoke mephit is here.

(spam) cast 'faerie fire' thief
They aren't here.

(spam) cast 'faerie fire' thief

(nest move + blackjack) A sudden pain erupts through your skull.
In your dreams, or what?

Oh, and I am doing very well at having fly up everytime I confront a thief. It's kind of strange that every fly potion I find lasts like 5 hours, and will almost certainly wear off while jacked.
3786, RE: I find this part funny
Posted by Circuits Edge on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
>Common sense says that smoke mephits don't do anything except
>for stop assassins from stalking. They don't protect you from
>hiders otherwise because they are exhedingly slow. Anyone who
>can nest commands can negate the beneficial effect of a smoke
>mephit in pk. They also don't cover people in powder, so
>there is no residual effect. Having a smoke mephit following
>would destroy the bonus of invisibility (so it's not all
>good).

Make a conjie and hope you get owl, monkey, shadowcat, quasit or raven. Booboo be gone.

>This is no joke, it is completely understandable. If I could
>move with my mephit I could actually deal with thieves:
>Because until I figure out a way to counteract it I can't
>avoid getting blackjacked and either trussed, cheap shotted
>etc to death. (Mephits are absolutely no help.)

Well, you could ask a friendly voker to slap some web and quicksand somewhere and then lure the thief there. It's not like other mages have a way to counter blackjack either.

>Oh, and I am doing very well at having fly up everytime I
>confront a thief. It's kind of strange that every fly potion
>I find lasts like 5 hours, and will almost certainly wear off
>while jacked.

Get to 35+, you'll never have to worry about potions of flight again. Well, almost never.

The Olsen twins should be decapitated and their bodies disolved in acid. Paris Hilton and Nicole Richie, aka, the Ugly twins too. As Picard once said, 'The line must be drawn here!'
3788, RE: I find this part funny
Posted by incognito on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
>Common sense says that smoke mephits don't do anything except
>for stop assassins from stalking.

Interesting. Mephits do not even come close to stopping assassins stalking. You only have to be in the same area to stalk someone, not in the same room.

> They don't protect you from
>hiders otherwise because they are exhedingly slow.

Actually, they are pretty good. It is possible to act before the mephit fogs you out, but only in certain areas, and not reliably.

> Anyone who
>can nest commands can negate the beneficial effect of a smoke
>mephit in pk.

Anyone who is moving in a relatively lag free area can. That's not the same. And usually the mephit gets you anyway.

They also don't cover people in powder, so
>there is no residual effect. Having a smoke mephit following
>would destroy the bonus of invisibility (so it's not all
>good).
>

Residual effect? The residual effect should be that you know to get the hell out of there if you don't want a fight.

>This is no joke, it is completely understandable. If I could
>move with my mephit I could actually deal with thieves:
>Because until I figure out a way to counteract it I can't
>avoid getting blackjacked and either trussed, cheap shotted
>etc to death. (Mephits are absolutely no help.)
>

Correct, because a thief will sneak in without hiding, thereby avoiding the mephit alerting you as to his presence, and then jack you.

>A smoke mephit is here.
>
>(spam) cast 'faerie fire' thief
>They aren't here.
>
>(spam) cast 'faerie fire' thief
>
>(nest move + blackjack) A sudden pain erupts through your
>skull.
>In your dreams, or what?
>
>
>Oh, and I am doing very well at having fly up everytime I
>confront a thief. It's kind of strange that every fly potion
>I find lasts like 5 hours, and will almost certainly wear off
>while jacked.

Your problem is that you are in an area where the lag for movement is very low. Therefore the thief can act very quickly after entering the room with you. My suggestion (which carries its own risks) is to have your familiar hidden somewhere nearby to wake you if you get jacked. I think this is possible.