Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectPrep Idear
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=3747
3747, Prep Idear
Posted by Thunderpants on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
What if you made preps like keys: They go away when you quit out.

(If preps on offline pfiles affect limits)
It would increase the # of preps available in the game.

It would increase circulation, decrease hoarding.

It would slow down relogging.
(It would mean someone who just logged on isn't immediately effective.
)
(It would mean people would reconsider logging out with an inventory full of preps)

It would mean people would stash preps places like clan pits, and that newbs would have some access to them.
3749, Uh.
Posted by Boldereth on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
No. Are you going to kill some level 60 badass for a barrier wand every time you log in? Hell no.
3751, Huh
Posted by Thunderpants on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Why kill the guy if you don't intend on using the wand? You can't use the wand when you're not online. Just drop it someplace convenient, or give it to someone you like if you need to log off.
3752, RE: Huh
Posted by Zulghinlour on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
>Why kill the guy if you don't intend on using the wand? You
>can't use the wand when you're not online. Just drop it
>someplace convenient, or give it to someone you like if you
>need to log off.

... or multi-char the gear to another one of your characters and get denied...oh wait...that happens all the time as is.

Honestly, I don't see your wish ever happening. The various preps that are out there and limited are affected by the hoarding code just like all the other limited items. The circulation of those has actually jumped up drastically since the upgrade to said code.
3753, RE: Huh
Posted by Boldereth on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Because it has 3 charges. I might not need each of those charges for quite a while, but I'm not going to go get another one every time I log in. Not to mention aura and shield. If I'm a warrior, I'm going to go get detect invis stuff everytime I login? Or haste/aura/shield stuff?

I keep like one of each of the really good preps on me usually at all times for when I need to fight really, really tough things or groups. I might not use them for two or three weeks real time, but I'm not going to get them every time I log in just on the offhand chance I need them.

If you do this you may as well just take them out of the game.