Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectSome comments:
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=3575&mesg_id=3829
3829, Some comments:
Posted by Valguarnera on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
2. How to sell.
Just having the stuff is not enough. People must know you have it and that it's really something they would appreciate buying. Maybe I'm wrong but I think it's feaseble for a mob to look you up, have an idea of your class and if what you wear is crap, and start the old salesman talk to convince you he has something better for a just price. "The craftsman says 'Look at this, really such a pair of steel boots, reinforced and many times reforged, will prove more durable, saving your feet from many blows. See! the spikes on it's outside can make anyone who dares to challenge you suffer. I guarantee you'll be more satisfied with these than with your old boots.'"
This way I have a pretty decent idea of how good the item is and might be tempted to buy it.

The Browse command handles this, at about the depth we're willing to go into.

5. My rant - conjies
Given all the pain they go through and all the ways to screw them up, the latest nerfs feels like a kick on the groins. Pretty please review them (as in tone them up).

Huh? I'm seeing more of these (at least evil ones, which I watch more) than ever. I don't even know what "latest" changes you're referring to.

6. Levelling
I still rank good ol'FoN the best area ever, when it was just a few steps west of Galadon. The easiness to rank and the blatant risk of PK was thrilling. Truly an area where my heartbeat rate went up, and I miss it.

We won't be making one-stop-shopping levelling areas.

7. Interesting areas for lowbies (and midbies too)
Was thinking about the academy, and the concept of an area where only a certain rank range can enter/remain seems very compelling. Interesting ways could be found to justify the restrictions, such as: guildmasters contest through their students (publicizing which guild is better ranked would be nice), a misterious exit from the academy, intra-guild trials, etc... This way the area can be tailored especifically to challenge a rank range without giving anything away to the more experienced.

I don't understand what the benefits of this would be. We're certainly interested in expanding the content and style of low/mid-level areas (compare The Keep of the Righteous or The Temple of Loch Grynmear with older low-level areas), but I don't see why having a level 15-20-only area would help us. One downside that leaps to mind is that level 20 people could run in to avoid level 21 enemies, etc. There's a lot of scenarios like this, but the bottom line is that once PK range is involved, this gets messy.

valguarnera@carrionfields.com