Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectConjie Familiars....
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=35245
35245, Conjie Familiars....
Posted by Welverin on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Are they really Random? Or is there some pattern to get a different one. I've had Coyote with three goodie conjurers now. Other than that Djinn on one, Faerie Dragon on one, and Cherub on one. Any rhyme or reason as to why the Coyote seems to skew more than the other three? Or just dumb luck?
35248, RE: Conjie Familiars....
Posted by Daevryn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
>Are they really Random?

Yes.
35249, RE: Conjie Familiars....
Posted by Isildur on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Close enough for govt. work.
35246, They used to be based on your name.
Posted by ibuki on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
It was something like, a=1, b=2, c=3, d=1, e=2, and so on, for the whole alphabet. You would add the numbers the letters of your name match, then mod 3, and you ended up with a number from 1-3 that decided your familiar. I liked it like this, since it let you decide what familiar you wanted if you took the time. Now it's just random though, so you have to delete and recreate if you don't like the one you got. The outcome is exactly the same, in that a determined player will get the familiar they want, it's just a lot more tedious.
35247, RE: They used to be based on your name.
Not much of a sample size but skewing 50% on one type of familiar just seemed a bit odd to me. Not going to complain a whole lot, cause it's not one that I would say is totally useless, but it would have been nice to get something else on some of them. Doing a character right to level 17 for me is a 4-7 hour investment, so throw away is not something I was really looking forward to.
35253, 2-4hrs for me so don't worry you will get better and it will be less of an issue
Posted by ConjurerBob on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
~
35254, No offense, but you had only 5-6 conjurers...
Posted by sleepy on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You should probably take a stats class.
35256, No offense taken
And i took a sadsitics course, hated every minute of it. hense the comment on the sample size being rather small.
35262, if you utilize a t distribution you can account for error due to sample size
Posted by laxman on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
and as a result you can formulate confidence intervals with small sample sizes. Of course those will have a much wider range of possible outcomes that are statistically plausible then ones formulated with larger sample sizes.