Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectMeh
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=31904&mesg_id=32701
32701, Meh
Posted by Valkenar on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
>Personally, I'd rather carry the con gear than remove my
>ability to kill said shamans. I can't kill them if I never
>fight them. In order to not get rotted, I have to never fight
>them.

Meh. If I had to waste the time gathering the set once ever, then maybe. Remember, what I said before was based on the experience of losing the sack of con gear every third time I die. This was in the days of more prevalent looting. Now everyone is horrified at the idea of losing anything, so it's less an issue. Also bear in mind that A> I'm not a great PKer to begin with and B>If I'm not dieing as frequently as I kill, then it means I'm not taking on real challenges. Basically anything over a 60% PK ratio means I'm playing too conservatively.

So taken together, high rates of death plus high rates of looting means high rates of replacing con gear. And that is just pure drudgery that outweighs the ability to kill fight few shamans that are going to use rot.

Also I just find fighting shamans to be kind of irritating since they're hard to kill and they leave you incapacitated for long durations, and/or make you spend what to me is lots of gold.