Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectDamn your logic.
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=31904&mesg_id=31963
31963, Damn your logic.
Posted by thendrell on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Fine, in most instances the balance is probably there and the level is not much of a deciding factor, and usually the people doing mid level pk actually know how to. We're not all Daevrynesque with our skills/knowledge though (Kalisda may have been my only positive pk ratio character, if she even was one which I doubt), but I can see the point that there is enough balance between the races/classes that is not too much of a problem. I just can't say why people are not more involved in PK pre hero, for me it is because I am terrible at it, from 11 to 51. What I do know is how to survive, but that's about it. I do it slightly more at hero just cause I don't care as much about losing once I get into the mid forties.

I think it's a question more of why don't people at all levels get more involved in PK, even at hero lots of people don't fight. Character roles and such may be a factor since unless you are a certain role type you really don't have a reason to be killing everything under the sun. And given how big thera is, how easy it is for someone to teleport/recall, hunting people becomes more frustrating than anything probably, where as at hero maybe people just don't flee quite as quickly.