Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectStalker of the wilds and precision.
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=29214
29214, Stalker of the wilds and precision.
Posted by Rangerman on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
What does stalker of the wilds do?

What is precision? A form of the "Aim" skill? Does it flip "To hit" with "Damage"?

Thanks in advance.
29217, RE: Stalker of the wilds and precision.
Posted by Daevryn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
>What does stalker of the wilds do?

Stalker of the Wilds lets you follow someone around in the wilderness while remaining camouflaged.

(It also gives a small bonus to creeping in general.)

>What is precision? A form of the "Aim" skill? Does it flip "To
>hit" with "Damage"?

Precision = in lightweight armor, your attacks are harder to avoid.

There may be more to either of those skills, this is just what I know offhand.
29227, Light weight armor like..
What is described in the "Light Armor Use" Skill, or armor that weighs under a certain amount per piece or armor that weighs under so much in total?
29228, RE: Light weight armor like..
>What is described in the "Light Armor Use" Skill

This one, I think.
29229, Thanks. One more.
Do racial hatred edges work if that person is in form?

I.E. If a ranger had gnome hatred and the gnome shifts, does he still get the bonus?
29230, RE: Thanks. One more.
Yes. I believe you get to count shifters, for Hatred edge purposes, as whichever is more useful to you, their unshifted or shifted form.

Feline hatred would apply to shifters who were felar naturally or who were in a feline form, etc.
29231, RE: Thanks. One more.
Posted by Splntrd1 on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Your reply isn't exactly clear, so pardon me if I pick for more information.

>Feline hatred would apply to shifters who were felar naturally or who >were in a feline form, etc.

So, Feline Hatred and Avian hatred don't just apply to the felar and arial races, but also to feline and avian shapeshifter forms. That's cool!

However, I'm not sure that's what he was asking about.

Hypothetical scenario: Let's say your character has gnome hatred. Presumedly, if you're fighting a gnome shapeshifter who is OUT of form, your edge will be in effect.

However, if that gnome shapeshifter shifts into, let's say, a reptile or rodent form or anything but a gnome, will your GNOME hatred edge still be in effect?
29232, RE: Thanks. One more.
I think 'consider them to be whichever is better to you, as the ranger' is reasonably clear, but I'm happy to clarify.

>Hypothetical scenario: Let's say your character has gnome
>hatred. Presumedly, if you're fighting a gnome shapeshifter
>who is OUT of form, your edge will be in effect.

Correct.

>However, if that gnome shapeshifter shifts into, let's say, a
>reptile or rodent form or anything but a gnome, will your
>GNOME hatred edge still be in effect?

Yes.

And if they shifted into a tiger, you could apply feline hatred if you had it, or gnome hatred if you had it. If you somehow had both (only possible if the second is a reward), you could apply both.
29235, Goblin Hatred
Posted by Straklaw on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Does this apply to both trolls in Thera, and here on the forums?

If so, I'm totally going to start pwning some bitches!
29233, Just to be sure...
So with gnome hatred I would get the bonus if he was a gnome unshifted AND if he was shifted into say a dire wolf?
29234, Yes (n/t)
29216, SoW and Precision
Posted by Torak on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Just lets you follow someone who normally wouldn't allow it. It does nothing else from what I could see - doesn't carry after a fight either so there's no cool option for a pseudo-pounce. It's an entire skill just for those with nofollow on....

Precision is debatable - some say it lets you hit more often with lighter armor, some say it's more damage. I personally think it's a little of both but nothing to write home about.

Don't play a hunter - you'll be happier, trust me.
29218, RE: SoW and Precision
>It's an entire skill just for those with
>nofollow on....

Please consider that people who confidently answer questions that they don't actually know the answers to are harder on newbies than people who don't post at all.

29219, Where was I wrong?
Posted by Torak on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
The only thing I can think of that you added was the bonus to creep. You could just as well creep after the person manually, even if they had nofollow on. The only thing you're adding is maybe the creep bonus on a giant (lol giant hunter).

Should just make it a passive skill that let's you "follow" anyone, even if they have nofollow on. As it stands now, there are zero reasons I can think of to use this crappy skill over observe.

If you've got a reason for it ever to be used over observe, I'd love to hear it.
29226, RE: Where was I wrong?
You're closer to right than I initially thought; I'd forgotten about auto-creep. Consider my request a more general one than specific to this thread.

Still, there are a couple perks/differences to Stalker; for example, it won't let you follow somewhere you can't be camouflaged. Maybe you want that in a given case, maybe you don't.