Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectsmall suggestion
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=2664
2664, small suggestion
Posted by Isildur on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Cause link-dead characters to not auto-assist.

Possible abuse of this removed by moderator. No need to give people ideas, and I've relayed it to the appropriate people.
2666, RE: small suggestion
Posted by Evil Genius on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I find it helpful if link-deaders can still assist - that way we can at least get another mob killed, similarly what happens if a player is already killing a mob and loses link?
2667, RE: small suggestion
Posted by Isildur on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I guess I'd have the character keep fighting if he goes link dead *during* a battle.
2665, Cosign
Posted by Rogue on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I play with a wireless pci card, and It decides to just not be available

whenever it feels like it and disconnects me without warning.

Many times over I have deleted a character just because of rp

reasons to attack someone I know I would have won and link death I reconnect 20 minutes later at a pit, no gear, no corpse.

Even in the previous situation being pk'd or mob killed link dead by

a treacherous group mate. I would think with the given rules that

by taking advantage of someone link dead should be just as

much a violation as is exploiting a bug.

I could see the abuse of someone using some type of link death option to avoid a mob/pc kill.. But there are more circumstances when

someone has a ####ty connection that day end up getting the big fat

shaft because of it. If anything, would it be possible to maybe have
the im staff keep some sort of watch to manually disconnect link dead chars when its noticed just for the sake of them not getting

exploited for someone or a mob to land an easy kill when clearly

the link dead situation was beyond someones control and not just

an avoidance of a death.

I dont drop link to avoid pk, tracking mobs, or anything of the sort, but god damn when I log back in finally when the connection

realigns itself to find a ghost char with no corpse and no gear..

Trule frustrating.
2669, Usually, we can't tell you dropped link
Posted by Yanoreth on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
If your link drops in a particular way, the mud doesn't realize that you've actually dropped link. As far as we can tell, you just left the keyboard. No trueblooded pk'er would ever do that with a pkable character online, but we're not going to make assumptions about it.

As far as the other character knows, you might have been spamming something they can't see you doing, trying to type commands but misspelling them, or even just can't figure out what to do in the fight. They have no way of knowing that your nonresponsiveness is due to a link loss instead of something else, either.