Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectEmergency shutdown
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=2655
2655, Emergency shutdown
Posted by Turambar on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I guess we all have situations that we have to leave NOW and not within a few seconds, or we get into trouble. For that, it would be usefull to have a quit variant that allows you to leave immediately.

But to avoid misuse (avoid pk) I would link it to the same exp penalty you get when you die. That way using it to cheat, would mean you lose a lot while gaining little or nothing.

I mean, I have had situations that I'll gladly take having to regain an entire rank of exp, over not being able to leave right now.
2663, far too abusable
Posted by incognito on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
for starters, exp isn't important to some people.

One example of how one could abuse it?

Use it to get the jump on someone who is currently just below your pk.
2661, RE: Emergency shutdown
Posted by Laries on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
In my mind, pretty much nothing is worse than losing an entire rank, so if that arises situation arises, I'd say drop your link and accept the consequences. You addict :)
2659, Not a good idea because
Posted by Rogue on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Not losing gear and just a ranks worth of exp. is ihmo, nice, gives those practice spammers that much more time to master something up before an area is of no more use.

I have a wireless connection, therefore being many times I can see it dwindling and know I have a few seconds to find somewhere safe to go link dead.

Have to be somewhere in a hurry, then find a hiding spot or drop in a guild, herald inn, less traveled area.

Other than that, I honestly don't think your going to get much help.
2658, #zap n/t
Posted by Evil Genius on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
nt