Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectOne problem, I don't need pimp gear at hero to compete as a warrior.
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=23184&mesg_id=23316
23316, One problem, I don't need pimp gear at hero to compete as a warrior.
Posted by TheLastMohican on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
To steamroll people, yeah. To compete, especially some combos, I don't even need preps. Not only that, my lvl 16 fire giant will rape your level 20 mage 99 times out of 100. Why shouldn't mages have ABS at hero near 24/7? Can't players do exactly what you did against my bro when Adhelard and Xoregh fought? If you see the other person brought a knife to a gun-fight, just run away.

With my last three mages, I had ABS nearly all the time. And I'd daresay the lion's share of my deaths were to warriors (specifically, village or Empire ones, but I digress). That person who stated it's impossible to kill an ABS'd offensive shifter with a warrior is just stupid, since I died several times with all three up with Mjraljin.

Much like EVERYTHING else in CF, it's all about matchups and combos. Some warriors you won't even need A, B or S, some you can't even survive ten seconds without all three + stoneskin + protection.

And we're not even getting in to the aspect of hurl throat. If you make a change to the ABS system like you suggest, I'd honestly never EVER EVER fight a dagger spec with any Mage but a shifter or evil/goodie conjurer.

I don't understand why the current system is ####ty. Am I the only person who doesn't have a problem with it? I mean, yeah, getting certain ABS wands really suck compared to others, but ####, there are always limited wands around.