Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subject(Glowing) Feather Of Levation
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=2317
2317, (Glowing) Feather Of Levation
Posted by avatar on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I am a Dwarf and beacuse I am a Dwarf my movement(%m) is not that good as in i get tierd fast. Now my point i want to make is that if i have the feather of levation and I am leavating then my movement should be better. Now I know the feather is NOT for flying but if i am holding the feather then I think my movement should at the very least be better. I am not talking about when I walk i should not lose any movement points beacuse thats not fair to other races that fly but I SHOULD AT LEAST NOT TIER AS FAST!!!

Just A observation =)

Yours Truly,
2331, Go get a set of coconuts. nt
Posted by Vladamir on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
nt
2319, RE: (Glowing) Feather Of Levation
Posted by Valguarnera on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I am a Dwarf and beacuse I am a Dwarf my movement(%m) is not that good as in i get tierd fast.

That statement is inaccurate.

As for the feather, if anything that will end up weakened in the future, not strengthened.

valguarnera@carrionfields.com
2329, RE: (Glowing) Feather Of Levation
Posted by Orodreth on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
How do you weaken a boat?
2330, RE: (Glowing) Feather Of Levation
Posted by nepenthe on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
We could, for example, make the feather of levitation only function as a boat if you were actually holding it...
2332, Stealer! (n/t)
Posted by Valguarnera on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM

valguarnera@carrionfields.com
2335, RE: (Glowing) Feather Of Levation
Posted by robturner on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
NOOOOO!!!! Please don't do this...I'll do whatever it takes...hehehehe
2337, I like that
Posted by Valkenar on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
That sounds good. Right now if you're not a rager, the feather of levitation is *the* boat, aside from having to walk all the way over there to get it, there's no downside as far as I know.

Although I use feathers of levitation constantly, I have to say they're overpowered, in so far as a boat can be overpowered.

Well, aside from the almighty war barge of course.
2359, I like being heavy with certain characters.
Posted by Little Timmy on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
For various reasons.

Besides, it's harder for thieves to steal heavy boats.
2360, RE: I like that
Posted by Isildur on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Downside: takes up a wield-position to wear it.

Unlike: boats that are rings, hats or sleeves.

The ring and hat boats are realtively lame statwise, so they're not overpowered. I'd say the sleeves boat is arguably the nicest unless you're a rager or class that craves high-HP.
2418, RE: (Glowing) Feather Of Levation
Posted by Sailatinu on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
>We could, for example, make the feather of levitation only
>function as a boat if you were actually holding it...

One thing I'd like to see in these same regards.. certain boats which acted as more 'protection' than others.

Example of some boats...

feather of levitation, you slowly 'levitate' through its boatness just over the top of the water with no protection from the water around you.
seashell ring, you just barely skate across the surface of the water.
Raft, you deal with all of the bad effects of rising and falling water, not quite so bad as the feather/seashell.

Canoe, you dodge much of the water-terrain but can still be badly effected by it, though you'd be able to move faster through water than a raft.

and when you get into the heavier war-boats, they can protect you from the horrible tsunami's and deadly effects of the western aryth and whatnot.

Sort of like an inherent boat armor class.

So, from a boat users perspective I'd hate it, but from a "Wow, that almost sounds practical" I'd love to see the ocean take its toll on people. As well as the rivers!
2318, Dunno, I always imagined flying would be harder then walking. -nt-
Posted by Kazrael on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM